Friday, December 23, 2011

The cool and fun way to learn Math | 10on10 cool maths worksheets for Kids


Cool and fun way to learn math….

Math is always considered as a very complex subject and is the least favorite among kids. I’ve seen many kids struggling with math and their parents struggling harder than them to make them fall in love with math. As a kid, I used to love math and still it’s my favorite subject. However, I don’t know the reason of my liking towards math but I have always been good with numbers.

Last month, I went to my friend’s place and met her beautiful daughter, Riya. She is 6 years old and just in First Grade(First Standard) and loves math. Loves math?????? Well, at first I was really shocked to know this but then when I saw her doing her math assignment, I was amazed at the way she was doing calculations. You do not see a 6 year old math lover every day. Do you?

At last, I asked my friend that how come her daughter is so good at math, whereas kids of her age find a lot of difficulties with math. She told me that she uses a fun approach to teach math. She uses stories, object, characters etc. to teach her kid. For example, she will tell the story of ‘snow white and the seven dwarfs’ and will ask her kid to count from 1 to 7, and with this only she’ll teach her subtraction. Sometimes, she crafts a story around mathematical concepts to make her kid understand all the mathematical functions. I really liked the idea of linking fun with otherwise boring math.

Kids love cartoons and can remember a long list of their favorite cartoon characters than remembering 1 to 50. Have you ever seen a kid watching National Geographic or discovery channel with interest? Well, I haven’t seen any. But, I’ve seen many kids watching Disney channel, cartoon network and pogo with their food getting cold and eyes glued to the idiot box.  This is the story of almost every home with kids. Animations like Dora, the explorer interact with kids and ask them to point out things to help Dora. These types of animations surely help kids in understanding objects and help in learning.

As we all know, kids love cartoons but hate math. So, why not add some colors to otherwise colorless math and make it interesting and fun for kids. Try out teaching your kid with the help of cartoons and stories and may be he’ll become the next Aryabhatta or Archimedes. 10on10 also strives to achieve this using kids math worksheets for kids between Lower and Upper Kindergarten to Grades 1,2,3 and 4.

Cartoons + Math = Fun



From
10on10 Team

No comments:

Post a Comment